We have loved wild camping in this van over the last two years but in truth over-estimated my disabled wife’s ability to travel and now realise that perhaps a caravan would suit us better (less travelling, more resting!).
LDV Convovy Campervan
MOT till March 2016
Reasonable condition for age. Good first time camper though, we’ve loved it.
One important fault. The ignition key started jamming and the immobiliser stopped recognising the key! So, had to remove whole ignition key and lock assembly. Now has immobiliser bypassed and swith/button start (like on rally cars) – see photos. In light of this we use a steering lock which is included with vehicle.
- Large Awning
- Swivel front seats
- Table with single leg upstand
- Two berth (fixed double bed)
- Well insulated throughout
- Blown air gas heating
- Hob and Grill
- 3 way fridge
- Porta Potti toilet
- Sink (no running water, we prefer to use bottled so did away with it)
- Gas locker with 2 3.9kG Propane bottles
- New Leisure battery with split charge relay charging
- Leisure Battery voltage and charge monitor
- Dual Gas Detector above galley (Propane/Carbon Monoxide)
- Solwise Wi-Fi long range aerial and hub
- 12V TV with DVD player, and USB input. Can record to USB drive
- Stereo with CD Player, USB, SSD, Bluetooth and Reversing camera
- Reversing sensors, besides reversing camera
- LED strip lighting uplighting with dimmer
- Separate LED downlighting above galley
- 300W Inverter (for charging laptops etc) in bedroom, plus additional 12v service socket and dual USB charging sockets
- External directional TV aerial with storage in boot
- Electric hook up with 13A socket and hard-wired condition monitoring battery charger
- Plenty of storage with cupboards in kitchen units as well as overhead locker above galley, bed and above cab
- Boot area with additional storage under bed.
Click on any image to enlarge.